Reports to: Landscape Construction Foreman
The Landscape Laborer is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks (generally physical labor)
in order to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. The landscape laborer will be
required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks.
Job Summary – Landscape Laborer
• Perform as team player with focus on optimism and passion
• Efficiently complete landscape tasks according to plan, with focus on quality and production.
• Quality landscape work is efficiently completed while growing in skill and professionalism, in a
positive team environment.
Metrics to Measure Results:
Success within this position will be measured by:
• Performance - Reviews conducted every trimester by direct supervisor.
Detail Overview of Responsibilities:
1. Positive Team Player
• Work safely and in a responsible manner, with eager participation and initiative.
• Demonstrate continuous growth through personal goal achievement.
• Demonstrate active participation in regular team meetings
• Comply with all company policies and regulations and local health and safety regulations
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times
• Communicate to customer in polite and courteous manner
• Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment,
jobsites, and shop/yard areas
2. Efficiently Produce Work
• Assist crew with the following tasks:
a) Construct walkways and patios, walls, fences, decks, posts, etc.
b) Dig ditches or trenches and perform land clearing activities
c) Plant and maintain garden beds and lawns
d) Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment required to complete landscape
e) Transport materials using shovels, wheelbarrows, carts, dollies, and hand lifting/carrying
f) Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections,
lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
g) Operate various tools including: chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement
equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
h) Periodically operate heavy equipment, including skid steer, excavator, and loader as directed
Key Success Behaviors, Skills and Requirements:
• J.R. Concrete & Landscape. Core Values of Knowledge, Optimism, Relationships, Passion.
• Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
• Highly alert, and demonstrates problem solving skills
• Driven to improve efficiencies, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• High attention to detail in technical specifications and written communication.
• Intuitive, critical thinker
• Highly structured in organization and time management, demonstrating initiative
• Demonstrate initiative in meeting task based goals
• Technically skilled
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written in English)
• Demonstrates ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
• Demonstrate competency in specific materials, methods, tools, equipment and techniques
required to complete required tasks in a safe and responsible manner
• Demonstrate basic math skills
• Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to perform work activities
• Understand basics of grading and layout
• Follow instructions
• Perform work quickly and efficiently, demanding excellence in quality of work
• Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
• Desire to embrace and use technology
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
2. Preference given to candidates with one or more years’ experience in the
• Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and
• Ability to lift a minimum of 94lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent stamina is required
• Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
• Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
• Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org